Diana Award provides wonderful opportunities



I felt very privileged when I was presented with a Diana Award on 15th July 2019.  The event was very lavish and was held at the Welsh Assembly (I had to miss the London Ceremony due to being on the Duke of Edinburgh Award Silver Expedition) which I had never visited before.

The Welsh Assembly building was extremely modern and their main foyer was all glass which created quite a spectacle.  Before the glass you have a picturesque view of the River Taff which is a popular tourist location with many amenities and after my ceremony I was was able to take a walk around and even had a meal at my favourite restaurant chain Wagamamas.

The ceremony was swift and efficient, photos were taken expediently and the event team described what families should do i.e when to stay quiet and when to cheer, prior to the presentations.  The team also kept the biographies succint which actually made the whole event more palatable than others I have been to.

My certificate was presented to me by HM Lord-Lieutenant of South Glamorgan, Sue Thomas and a well known blogger named Michaela Gingell (Cardifforniagurl). After the ceremony I was invited to some workshops with other award-holders exclusively.

The workshops focused on public speaking and interviews and I gained some useful insights.  Moreover at the end of the event I also made many new friends all of whom are very involved with their respective communities and with whom I am now in a whatsapp group.

The Diana Award organisers will now send me a regular newsletter and I hope that the association with them will help me grow my causes, one way or the other receiving their award was a real boost reminding me that my effort to do my part for a better world is not always being missed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ilford's Homeless - past and present!

Essex Youth Councillor pleads with UK authorities to do more to eradicate teen knife crime

Teens want a say on knife crime too!