Red sky in the morning shepherds warning!


This morning I saw the most beautiful sunrise. My father runs a security company and I was was visiting one of the sites he protects. I have been volunteering with the company for my Duke of Edinburgh Award and this was the first time I had seen it in operation. 


Most of my experience with the company has been office based or working from home during the lockdown. I feel today I have gained a better insight of what security operatives face every day. Even better the rising sun created such a glow that I am still mesmerised. God has created a beautiful world and scenes like that make us realise how insignificant we are. 

As the sun rose, the sky lit up like a flame, an array of yellows and oranges and even purples engulfed the sky. However, an extravagant red glow overpowered the orange and yellow and purple, creating a beautiful ombre effect. It was the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen! It was truly a breath-taking view...


And as the saying goes, with red skies comes bad weather. later today we witnessed the first snow of this year! 

Although the snow was thin, my sisters and I managed to build a snowwomen over 6ft tall! We worked hard to scrape every bit of snow we could collect off of our street.

It took us two hours until we finished building the snowwoman but the work was all worth it in the end. It was cold and tiring, but my sisters and I enjoyed spending time with each other and finally enjoyed having snow again.

We let our middle sister, Naomi, pick the name for the snowwoman. She is called Snoweena, a name I believe derived from the wondrous and rare material she is made from.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ilford's Homeless - past and present!

Essex Youth Councillor pleads with UK authorities to do more to eradicate teen knife crime

Teens want a say on knife crime too!